Date:      Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:29:32 -0300
From:      "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <gpt@tirloni.org>
To:        Sergey Lapin <slapinid@gmail.com>
Cc:        pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: pf problems

Sergey Lapin wrote:
> When pf blocks incoming packet with "block return" rule, it does not
> return RST or ICMP packet to the interface from which original packet
> came from but always use default gateway instead. This way if we have
> default gateway set to ISP2's 2.0.0.1 and packet destined to 1.0.0.254
> comes from ISP1 interface (ext_if1) and this packet gets blocked with
> "block return", the TCP RST packet with source address 1.0.0.254 will
> be sent through 2.0.0.1 gateway. Obviously, ISP2 drops packets which
> source does not belong to their network so basically "block return"
> does not work at all.

  I've the same situation here and we use route-to to route everything
from ISP1's network to their gateway and vice-versa.

  route-to re-routes a packet from 1.0.0.0/24 when it's trying to leave
through the ISP2 interface and everything then gets NAT'ed properly.

  pass out on $ext_isp2_if route-to ($ext_isp1_if $ext_isp1_gw) from
$isp1_net to any

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni / gpt@tirloni.org