Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:20:16 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Charlie <cwr@SDF.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg broken? Unable to install packages...

Hello list!

I'm running 10-RELEASE x64, and all of a sudden I can't seem to install
any packages.

No matter which package I attempt to install, the result is similar:

Fetching finch-2.10.9_5.txz: 100% of 208 KB
pkg: cached package finch-2.10.9_5: size mismatch, fetching from remote
Fetching finch-2.10.9_5.txz: 100% of 208 KB
pkg: cached package finch-2.10.9_5: size mismatch, cannot continue

I have tried running pkg update -f; it doesn't help.

I've tried running pkg clean as well. No difference.

I don't have a pkg.conf file. I can't think of any significant changes I
made to the system that would have caused this. It was working fine up
until a few days ago.

The other symptom seems to be that 'pkg upgrade' does not report any
packages that need to be updated, when I know full well there are updates.

Help is appreciated! Thanks!

Charlie

cwr@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org