Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 15:35:52 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quad Processor System

>>>http://www.intel.com/design/servers/SC450NX/index.htm
>>
>>   The onboard Symbios SCSI controller won't work, but you can work around
>>that by plugging in an Adaptec aha-2940u2w. I put together such a system for
>>a client who is quite happy with it.
>>
>>-DG
>
>Why doesn't the onboard Symbios SCSI controller work?

   It's a newer chip that isn't properly supported, at least when I last tried
it a few months ago. The Adaptec chips are generally better supported in
FreeBSD and I wouldn't consider anything else for systems that I build.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com