Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:06:10 +0200
From:      "army.of.root" <army.of.root@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   8.0-RC1: MacBook 5,5 (13" unibody mid 2009) fails to boot

Hi,

my new Macbook fails to boot with the 8.0-RC1 ISO with following output:

real memory = 2147483648 (2048MB)
avail memory = 1797664768 (1714MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <APPLE Apple00>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System detected: 2CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 2 core(s)
   cpu0 (BSD): APIC ID: 0
   cpu1 (AP): APIC ID: 1
ioapic0: changing PIC ID to 1
ioapic0 <Version 1.1> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
kbd0 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <APPLE Apple00>on motherboard
##hang##

Unfortunately I dont havea an USB keyboard, and the built-in is not functioning
properly.

Is this a known Problem? - And if, what can I do?

Do I have to get a USB keyboard from somewhere to get anything working at all?

I really dont want to go through the stress of compiling a special iso.

Thanks for FreeBSD and all your work!