Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:39:56 -0700
From:      Clint Olsen <clint.olsen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to update transcode port

On Aug 14, John Nielsen wrote:
> Do you have ffmpeg installed? Is it up-to-date? Are you using any WITH or
> WITHOUT knobs for the make?
>
> I can't tell from the output you provided if this is relevant, but I
> recently had to install the archivers/lzo2 port before I could get ffmpeg
> upgraded (on one machine) or transcode installed (on another). Give that
> a shot.

I have updated ffmpeg, and I'm still bombing out with the same error.  I
installed lzo2 as well per the suggestions of another, and this also did
not fix the issue.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that I'm on 6.3-STABLE, and the
port probably works fine for 7.X.  I continuously get bit by these damn
problems, and generally the breakage is so low-level that it requires a
port expert to resolve.  It would be helpful if there was a way for mere
mortals to help themselves in these cases.

Thanks,

-Clint

believed to be clean.