Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:27:22 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Mylex AcceleRAID 250

-On [20000708 00:25], Shawn Ramsey (shawn@megadeth.org) wrote:

>>I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE onto a Mylex Acceleraid 250.
>>The RAID is two drives setup as a RAID1. When booting from the floppies,
>>it found the card, and the raid configuration. The OS installed fine onto
>>the RAID, but now when I try to boot, it tells me "missing operating
>>system". Is anyone using one of these in this fashion? What do I need to
>>do to get it to boot?

IIRC Mike Smith fixed this ins 4.0-STABLE.

Your best bet is to find some recent 4.0-STABLE disks and install a
STABLE snapshot which supports booting from AMI and MyLex RAID set-ups.

HTH,

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands