Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:16:17 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reiner SCT RFID unknown device id?

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 02/17/14 16:54, Mathias Picker wrote:
> > I just found a used Reiner SCT RFID
> > (http://www.reiner-sct.com/produkte/chipkartenleser/cyberJack_RFID_standard.html) and bought it, hoping I could get it to work in FreeBSD.
> >
> > When connecting I found this in the log:
> >
> > Feb 17 16:44:10 marcopolo kernel: ugen5.2: <REINER SCT> at usbus5
> > Feb 17 16:44:10 marcopolo devd: Executing 'logger Unknown USB device:
> > vendor 0x0c4b product 0x0500 bus uhub4'
> > Feb 17 16:44:10 marcopolo mathiasp: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x0c4b
> > product 0x0500 bus uhub4
> >
> > This 0x0c4b/0x0500 is actually the reiner sct, so why is this "unknown
> > USB device" shown? usbconfig shows it just fine:
> >
> > marcopolo# usbconfig -d 5.2
> > ugen5.2: <cyberJack RFID standard REINER SCT> at usbus5, cfg=0 md=HOST
> > spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (192mA)
> >

> > Also, has anyone tried to get this up and running on FreeBSD? pcscd with
> > libccid does not find it, and googling I only find information about
> > Reiner's proprietary linux driver...
> >
> > Thanks, Mathias
>
> Hi,
>
> Grep for "Unknown" in /etc/
>
> It is coming from devd.
>
> --HPS

A while back an issue of CT magazine in Germany had a simpler device
from Reiner shrunk wrapped on magazines as a sales incentive. Device was:
  http://www.reiner-sct.com/produkte/chipkartenleser/cyberjack_RFID_basis.html
I've not tried beyond devd -d -D
	match   "vendor"        "0x0c4b"
	match   "product"       "0x9102"
	match   "devclass"      "0x00"
	match   "devsubclass"   "0x00"
	# match "sernum"        ""
	match   "release"       "0x0001"

http://www.reiner-sct.com/produkte/software/owok/was_ist_owok.html
https://www.chipkartenleser-shop.de/shop/rsct/group/1444
https://www.chipkartenleser-shop.de/shop/rsct/article/4320
https://www.chipkartenleser-shop.de/images/uploads/article/info_file_de/654/RSCT_LIZENZVEREINBARUNG_OWOK_1_0.pdf

  Legal licence in German only I skimmed inc.:
	REINER SCT räumt dem NUTZER an der SOFTWARE ausschließlich
	zum Zwecke der Nutzung in Verbindung mit anderen OWOK
	-Produkten ...

Which I suppose might mean they dont want ot used with non OWOK
devices not from them.  I did not download sources to view.
Pursue it if you fancy.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".