Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:15:54 +0100
From:      "martijn" <martijn@tmenv.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   problems with interchange-4.8.7 on FreeBSD 5.1 RELEASE

Hi,

I am trying to install and run interchange on my FreeBSD server. I first
updated the ports directory-> succesful. Then I did a
"make -DCHECK_FOR_IC_USER all install". This went all well. A new user and
group (interch) is added and it seems that it is installed properly. Next
thing to do is creating a new catalog for interchange. Therfor I did the
following:

% cd /usr/local
% bin/makecat

A wizzard starts and I accepted all the defaults. And somewhere the wizzard
is asking for the location of "vlink". As I did not know what the right
thing to do was. I searched for this file and found it in

/usr/local/interchange/src/

The above path is exactly what I typed in during the makecat. After the
makecat has finished I started the interchange server. Via su interch.
(first I had to change the shell of interch via chpass, otherwise it was not
possible to su).

All seemed to go well. But after all this I can see the file 'foundation' in
cgi-bin but it will not run.
Browsing to http://myIP/cgi-bin/foundation gives the following error in my
/var/log/httpd-error.log.

 -------------------------/var/log/httpd-error.log -------------------------
-----------------------------------
[Wed Feb 18 16:28:54 2004] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/foundation failed
[Wed Feb 18 16:28:54 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.3] Premature end of
script headers:
/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/foundation-----------------------------------------

I have tried the complet procedure from making the port till making the
catalog for 4 times now. I even have rebuild my kernel with maxusers 256 as
red somewhere this could be the problem with this type of error on an
FreeBSD system running interchange.

Can someone help me on this subject.

output uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd.tmenv.com 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #1:
Wed Feb 18 13:34:02 CET 2004
root@freebsd.tmenv.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/FREEBSD  i386
regards,Martijn Dekker.