Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:35:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        "Cheney Brothers, Inc." <cbi@cheneybrothers.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Memory Leak

In addition to what Sheldon said, you may be running something
that's starting more processes without your knowing it.  You
should check ps auxw and find out what's running.  Read messages
too, to find out what's happening.

Apparently etc/periodic daily, weekly, and monthly reread the
rc.conf and rc.conf.local files, so if you're starting a process
in there, it could starting another instance of itself.

	Annelise