Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 22:54:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        technos@wariat.org (Paul Evans)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help with config.. (please)

> As an System V user, (SCO, Unixware, Linux) I am not used to the
> BSD Config command. I have made a config file for our system, I
> type 'config shadowfax_1' (where 'shadowfax_1' is the filname name
> and ident tag in the config file') that goes ok.

> then I go down a directory and do a 'make clean ; make depend ; make',
> I reboot.

> no new kernel, I know I'm missing something terribly obvious, could
> someone clue me in? _please_

You need to install the new kernel.  You didn't mention which version
you're using, but if your kernel Makefile has an install target, you can
do a 'make install'.  If not, do the following:

	config shadowfax_1
	cd /sys/compile/shadowfax_1
	make depend
	make
	mv /kernel /kernel.old
        cp kernel /kernel

> also is there a device driver for an ISDN board in the works for freeBSD?
> if needed, I'd be intrested in writing one. (assuming I can get used
> to BSD)

Can't help you with this one.  I don't believe that there is one
currently.