Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:59:41 +0530
From:      Subhro Sankha Kar <subhro@80386.org>
To:        freebsd@dreamchaser.org
Subject:   Re: ports: make config-recursive doesn't really

You can have a look at port-mgmt/portmaster.

Thanks
Subhro
--
Subhro Sankha Kar
System Administrator

On 10-Jun-2012, at 10:07 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:

> I'm trying to build a script to rebuild and reinstall everything I =
have installed from ports.  I don't want to have to keep checking on it =
and filling out the appropriate check boxes for options.  I naively =
assumed:
>=20
>  for port in $ports
>  do
>    cd /usr/port/$port
>    make config-recursive
>    cd ../..
>  done
>=20
> would allow me to set up all the dependencies before continuing with =
the install.
>=20
> It appears, however, that it doesn't really recurse properly.  I say =
"appears" only because this is my first time trying this and despite =
doing the above setting of options, I am confronted with additional =
options screens as the build progresses.