Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:10:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few problems after 2.2.2->2.2.5 upgrade (fwd)

Since I originally sent this, I have been able to fix the df problem,
however the ethernet problem remains. Can anyone help me?

Within 2 hours of upgrading, I was no longer
able to use my ethernet. I am using an Intel Etherexpress 16 on device ie0
at the default settings.  Bootup finds it correctly and dhcpc attempts to
connect, but is unable to obtain an IP from the server. It is possible
that this is a network error, however, with the snail's pace my admins
moved last time the problem cropped up (it was a network error and it
seems to have taken then 3 days and 4 calls from me to figure it out) it
could be some time before I hear anything from them. Is the 2.2.5 version
of ie0 any different from 2.2.2 (which worked wonderfully once I
configured eveything) and if so, could it be broken? Can I reload the
2.2.2 version of it? Thank you for your help.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets