Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:05:06 +0100
From:      "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@oslo.online.no>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest XFree86 on Thinpag 600?

> put 3.3.6 on. Running startx as a normal user yields "can't access
> /var/log/XFree86.0.log" before it exits. I tried running startx as

Just a thought; you have reinstalled xwrapper after you installed XFree86,
haven't you? The documentation for xwrapper wasn't totally clear on this,
but you have to reinstall it after having upgraded XFree86.

> root and it just crashes. I also get lots of messages about bad

Hmm, normally I just let XFree86 make me a file, and modify that one.
I don't run a TP600, but a TP380ED and the only thing I needed to do there
(for display / screen at least) was to put in HorizSync and VertRefresh for
the LCD screen.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway