Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:09:47 +0100
From:      hymette@wanadoo.fr
To:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to make a new DOS disk bootable ?

hi,

I just reinstalled Windows 98 with only one partition on a second disk
(ad0),  which was used before as a FreeBSD backup disk.  Now the boot
manager located in the FreeBSD disk (ad2) does not allow me to boot ad0
anymore. Nothing happens if I choose the Drive 1 option (F5). Disklabel
-r ad0 says :
disklabel: bad pack magic number (label is damaged, or pack is unlabeled).

If I want to boot ad0 I can setup the BIOS to boot only C, or D for
FreeBSD, but I'd like to have the boot manager working  without
damageing Windows, what should I do ?

Thank you in advance