Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:51:42 -0400
From:      Linda North <afn25364@afn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot sector modification

I just installed 2.2.6 Release on the second partition of my second
drive.  I have a choice of F1 [dos (Win95)] or F5 (2nd drive).  After
I choose I get a message that my boot sector is going to be modifiied.
If I choose F5, I then get another prompt with the above plus F2 for
FreeBSD followed by another warning that my boot sector is about to be
modified.  Should this be happening?

During the install I chose to install the boot manager (apparently on
both drives) and did not use any flags (such as make bootable) anywhere.

My question:  When installing Boot Easy, is it only necessary to put it
on my original boot drive (wd0s1), and should I have made my FreeBSD
slice bootable?   Yes I have read  all the installation references I
could find, including the page on paritioning the disk.
Thanks for any comments.

Pre-Newbie