Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 02:12:26 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PC-Card slot on Sony Vaio PCG-R505JL under -CURRENT

Hi,

I am unable to get any of my PC-Cards to work on my new Vaio.  I
installed 5.0-CURRENT-20011217-JPSNAP.  I jumped a few hurdles
getting things installed and running.  One thing really bothers
me though: the PC-Card slot in the Vaio does not work.  Any time
I put a PC-Card in, the system barfs on it; pccardc dumpcis gives:

Read return -1 bytes (expected 2)
pccardc: CIS code read: Cannot allocate memory
Read return -1 bytes (expected 10)
Configuration data for card in slot 0
1 slots found

This happened with a Linksys PCM100 (ed(4) card), an Enterasys
RoamAbout (wi(4) Orinoco clone, I believe), and a SMC 2632W
(wi(4) Prism2-based).  I believe this is a Vaio thing, because
all these NICs worked with my old Dell Inspiron 8000.

I looked for a BIOS option to force 16-bit mode but could not
find one.

Any ideas?
--
wca