Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:14:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@ohoyer.de>
To:        Richard Cotrina <rcc@speedy.net.pe>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Fire V65x Support

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Richard Cotrina wrote:

> Hello :
>
> Is anyone running FreeBSD-STABLE in an intel based Sun Hardware (Sun Fire
> V65x) ? I need running it in a production environment and I prefer FreeBSD rather
> than RedHat Enterprise Linux or Solaris X86 (they are the recommended OS).

Well, some time ago I had the opportunity to put a 4.9R IIRC on a V65x
with the RAID card installed.

Played nicely, Raid was an iir, so anything went fine.
Had to give the box next day to an other project, where it was deployed
for production...

So it works, but I have no figures with long-term stability etc, but
given that it is a re-branded Intel OEM box it should play well.

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,