Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:17:52 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing Sendmail Performance & Kernel?

> Cool, Thanks, what type of kenrel mods shoud I make, any??? Currently
> running 3.2 generic...

I've certainly never heard of anyone having any *problems* using qmail
in a stressful environment with any particular kernel options.  If
you're interested in little tweaks, I imagine the qmail mailing lists
are the place(s) to look.  BTW, you can tell qmail how many simultaneous
delivery attempts to make; see qmail-control(5) and qmail-send(8) once
you get things going.

Of course, building your own kernel is always a good idea to at least
get rid of devices, etc. you don't need...

Lucas
--
                             S. Lucas Bergman
                             University of Illinois at Chicago