Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 1995 16:25:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        rjiang@akbs.com (Ruiyuan Jiang)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Create Group In FreeBSD 2.0.5

[redirected from doc@freebsd.org to questions@freebsd.org]

Ruiyuan Jiang writes:
> I read the FAQ of FreeBSD. The FAQ mentions how to easily add new users
> using command "adduser" but I did not find the command that I can create
> groups. Can anyone give me some advice?

vi /etc/group

> By the way, is FreeBSD
> 2.0.5 compatibe with SunOS4.1

Both being of BSD origin, source code compatibility is fairly
high, but not complete.

> because Internet News is distributed
> to compile and run under SunOS4.1 (without using <unistd.h> and
> other POSIX facilities) by defaults? I am trying to run Usenet News on
> FreeBSD. Thanks in advance.

Are you familiar with the FreeBSD ports collection?  If not, take
a look at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports and the
news/inn subdirectory in particular.  If you are WWW enabled,
also look at http://www.freebsd.org/How/handbook/ports.html If
you have the 2.0.5 CDROM, you already have INN with all changes
necessary to compile and run on FreeBSD.

-john

=== jfieber@cs.smith.edu ========== Come up and be a kite!  --K. Bush ===