Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:15:00 -0500
From:      Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   amr monitor for megaraid on amd64 platform

Having perused the forums/google/etc I have found some references to
megaraid (amr) monitoring software for FreeBSD that included a) a linux
version from LSI that won't work because linux compat does not work for
ioctl and b) a freebsd megacontrol utiltiy that won't work because it
requires compat4x (or at least libc.so.4) and compat4x does not install
on amd64 platform.

So has anyone come up with some type of monitoring or basic status type
software for the amr driver? I imagine drive failure(s) would show up
in /var/log/messages but I would prefer to be able to write some type of
shellscript that would check the status of the individual drives in the
raid array.

Sven