Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:20:04 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Ruediger Kiessling <kiessling@online-service.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRCD Problems

Ruediger Kiessling wrote:

> Hello,
> i have setup an IRCD Server on FreeBSD 2.2.2. Now i have the problem, that
> my IRCD uses 6 IP Adresses. Can anything tell me what's wrong ?

	I can't tell you exactly what's wrong without more info, but assuming
that you have a box with 6 real or virtual interfaces, most ircd's bind
to all of them by default. Without some kind of hack to avoid this
problem, you're probably stuck with it. We were working on such a hack
for our ircd, if you can't solve the problem in another way write me
privately and I'll bug our coders for you. :)

	If I've mischaracterized your problem, please provide more details.

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest