Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:46:12 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        winter@jurai.net
Cc:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FIXED -->  Thanks! Re: ep0 eeprom failed to come ready...

Hi,

# As always, your response is too fast :-)

I almost agree with you, but one thing;

> Do you have drivers installed for your sound card?  If not then the PnP
> system has no way of knowing that irq 5 is used.  You might also try

How about installation process?  Currently our kernel in installer
doesn't have sound card drivers, that mean we probably unable to use
ep during installation on such box.  In this case, only user knows
actual configuraion and tell it to kernel by UserConfig, but the PnP
system doesn't.

> setting irq 5 to 'legacy/ISA' in your BIOS.

Of course I set it in BIOS already.

> > # I probably install Linux for them in the future :)
>
> Go for it.  Their 3c509 support is worse than ours.

I know, just kidding :-) The ep driver have become elegant by your
efforts.

Thanks