Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 09:41:19 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Indentation styles

Wilko Bulte stands accused of saying:

> > Ehh, even the VT100 can handle 132 columns 8)
>
> Wrong. Only a VT100 with an AVO installed. (For the curious: the Advanced
> Video Option board).

*shrug* ...then every one of the twenty or so VT100's I've used in the
last decade or so must have had one. 132 columns was part of my standard
operating environment.  The point remains that all but the worst and
oldest hardware around can be coaxed into doing better than the width
of a punchcard or an old Fortran coding form.