Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:59:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "eric" <admin@totalsmackdown.net>
To:        undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject:   ipfw syntax

Just a quickie. Before I go tearing my firewall down, I want to see if
there is a better way of doing this. What I want to do on my network, is
limit all my roomates in such a way that doesn't distrupt anything but
their kazaa usage (I'm really only looking to slow kazaa down). With that
said, their regular internet usage is icq/aim/msn, a browser window, and
kazaa.

Would it be easier to just setup a pipe and limit by netmask, or will the
following work? Any hints, tips, or suggestions?

I'm using ipfw2 in FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE for dummynet, and ipf for my actual
firewall rules.

#### Natd d
add 00200 divert natd all from any to any via rl0

#### Dummynet ### Jason
add pipe 1 ip from any to 192.168.1.4 in
add pipe 2 ip from 192.168.1.4 to any out limit src-addr 6
pipe 1 config bw 500Kbit/s
pipe 2 config bw 96Kbit/s

#### Dummynet ### Ian
add pipe 3 ip from any to 192.168.1.8 in
add pipe 4 ip from 192.168.1.8 to any out limit src-addr 6
pipe 3 config bw 300Kbit/s
pipe 4 config bw 96Kbit/s

#### Dummynet ### cr
add pipe 5 ip from any to 192.168.1.7 in
add pipe 6 ip from 192.168.1.7 to any out limit src-addr 6
pipe 5 config bw 300Kbit/s
pipe 6 config bw 96Kbit/s

Its been a while since I've done anything with ipfw, so be nice if
anything above doesn't make sense. ;)

---
Eric