Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 19:15:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updating XFree using sysinstall

Hello,

I installed FreeBSD 2.2.7 from scratch last year over my 2.2.5. Now, I
received FreeBSD 2.2.8 cdrom from Walnut Creek and I tried to upgrade
using sysinstall.

First, I just upgrade the bin and man distributions as advised and
before writing back the etc files, sysinstall crashed (core dumped, I
can upload somewhere the sysinstall.core file if useful).
I reboot, booted using kernel.prev (because it cannot boot the new
kernel) and perform a new upgrade of bin and man and it worked fine
till the end.

Now, the next step for me is to update XFree but it complains about my
etc files not being accessible!!

It would be great if someone could tell me how to upgrade XFree using
sysinstall and CDRom 2.2.8. I can provide more details on request.
Maybe it would be best if sysinstall would be upgraded because I am
still using 2.2.7 version!!

Thanks!

Phil.