Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:00:56 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Victor M" <vit@email.orgus.ru>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: problem

Um - please correct me if I'm wrong but shutting down the PDC
nightly is NOT a recommended Microsoft procedure.

Further, if you have a PDC online and you shut it down, the
BDC takes over, then relinquishes it back to the PDC when
that powers up again.  Perhaps you shuld stagger things so
that your PDC shuts down while the BDC does not, then when the
PDC comes back the BDC shuts down.   Seems very odd to me, though,
I've never seen a Windows installation where regularly shutting
down the PDC or BDC was done.  Most time people try everything
to _keep_ from shutting them down.  (Not that the quality of
Microsoft code helps thing much, heh heh)