Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
To:        dan@langille.org (Dan Langille)
Cc:        jhs@berklix.com (Julian Stacey), advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cheaper conferences Not in commercial hotels would help BSD.

Dan Langille says:

> On 20 Sep 2002 at 17:24, Julian Stacey wrote:
>
> > _Cheap_ conferences _Not_ at hotels would help BSD promotion !
> > Un-necessarily expensive conferences impede participation & interest in BSD.
>
> I look forward to details about your conference.  You are planning
> one aren't you?

  So next year when OLS is having their big expensive conference
at the Ottawa Congress Centre, we could rent a few rooms at Carleton
and have an alternative freebsd conference instead?

<g>

> --
> Dan Langille
> I'm looking for a computer job:
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php

P.S. I'm game if you are.

--
Diane Bruce, http://www.db.net/~db db@db.net
--- aphorisms are ephemeral, speling mistakes are not.