Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:24:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      "J. Rodrigo Fernandez M." <rocket@datascan-site.com>
To:        bts@babbleon.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys 10/100 + 56K Modem PC Card (ethernet only)

> I believe that the transcription error was mine, not yours; however,
> I've tried it with 0x800000, too, and that doesn't work for me, either.
> And of course the final parameter is flags, not an address.  I was just
> being a dufous.
>
> My card is, however, a close relative of yours, not actually your card .
> . .

I got the same problem with the same card, I haven't tried the 0x800000
flag, but after my litte investigation I will said the flag will not make
any difference.

I have run pccardd with debbug flag enabled and had discovered that this
card is a pseudo-multifunction card (the ones that only list one function in
it CIS and hopes the driver will differentiate the functions).

When pccardd reads its CIS it will take the first function it finds in the
configure tuple specified in the pccard.conf (all the configure tuples in
this card list first the modem function) and then, it uses this one, so this
card only attaches as a modem.

What I have been thinking lately as an workaround (as a desparate workaround
granted) is to hack the readcis.c to make it read the other function (or to
report a different CIS, one with only one function, the network one). But I
don't know if this is a good idea (not a pretty one alright). Any ideas?

Rodrigo F