Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:14:38 -0500
From:      Matthew Bettinger <mbettinger@championelevators.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [possibly OT]: anyone attempt running IBm DB2 for Linux, under emulation on FreeBSD

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:58:15 +0000
"Nathan Vidican" <nathan@vidican.com> wrote:

> They have recently bought into an application software which
> requires IBM's DB2 database back-end; it has been proposed that
> they install a second server running linux explicitly for the
> purpose of running IBM's DB2 for Linux. The key question now
> being....

'Will IBM support DB2 running on FreeBSD'
The only experience I have with IBM is Unidata... and I doubt you
would get any support for DB2 on bsd.  Not related in any means
however I'd never install somehting like that without knowing it
would be supported by the vendor.

Something to think about.  ;-)

re,

Matthew Bettinger
System Administrator
Champion Elevators, Inc
Houston, Texas 77061
713.640.8500
KeyID: 68F0AAC4
Key Fingerprint: 096F 98AE 74FB 984B 2134 5C41 0E94 CF91 68F0 AAC4
Public Key: http://www.championelevators.com/~mbettinger/pub_key.asc