Date:      28 Aug 1998 12:42:40 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FFS questions

Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> writes:
> Thanks, but I've already proven my manhood by lugging an RA81 (in a 4"
> cabinet) upstairs myself; I don't need to do it again.  Actually, come
> to think of it, aren't surviving storage options for those systems
> getting a bit thin on the ground?

Hmmm... is that the 600 MB 8.5 ms average seek disk they sold with the
MicroVAX? Some friends of mine recently acquired a 16 year old
MicroVAX in working order (except for one disk with a dead PSU) with
two RA81 disks. They (four people) had to remove the disks to even be
able to lift the MicroVAX (using straps) and IIRC none of them could
carry a disk by himself either.

The problem they face now is cooling. Even with one disk out the heat
this thing generates is unbearable (we're talking high-eighties-
low-nineties room temperature)

Oh, and they have a PDP-11 too, and a Flipper (I bet none of you have
even heard of those, much less of DolphinOS, except tegge)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no