Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:46:37 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Norm Carlevato <normc@hughes.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:32:10AM -0800, Norm Carlevato wrote:
> I have a 3Com nic card (3c905tx) but no drivers are loading from the
> standard install.  I have version 2.2.6, do I need a newer one?  How can I
> load the driver after I have installed the system?  Where can I get the
> driver?  I have checked out your web site but not much info on loading a
> driver.  I purchased the Walnut Creek CD rom set quite some time ago.

It sounds like you have a 3c905B (note the B on the end).  In that rev,
3com remove the old interface that let an existing driver work.  You can
upgrade to 2.2.8-STABLE and the xl driver will be installed.
Alternativly, you can get it from http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/3Com/.

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"