Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:16:43 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Morgan <mikemorgan@financialfusion.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: deleting all installed ports/pkgs

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 02:58:44PM -0600, Mike Morgan wrote:

> Is there a command which would delete all the ports on my system or
> recursively delete all ports dependant on a particular port?

Do you mean delete all *installed* ports/packages or all the port
skeletons under /usr/ports?

If it's the former, and you are _absolutely_ _certain_ that you want
to do this then try:

   % sh     (if you are running csh/tcsh)
   $ su
   Password:
   # for i in `ls /var/db/pkg`
   > do
   > pkg_delete -f $i
   > done

Note that the ``-f'' is needed because without it a port/package won't
be deleted if a dependency is still installed. You will also see lots
of warnings about this (and missing files) because you are removing
them in alphabetical order.

#include <disclaimer.h>
I accept no responsibility for you screwing your system (e.g. XFree
will probably get removed as well).

--
		4.4 - The number of the Beastie