Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:26:06 -0400
From:      Suleiman Souhlal <refugee@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   devd/devctl

Hello all,

	I was wondering if it would be a good idea to modify devd and devctl for them to handle other events than attaching and detaching devices.. For example, they could be used to mark a network interface as down, when the network cable is pulled out, and run dhclient when it is put back in. I think there are other applications too.

It would be a pretty cool thing to have, especially on laptops, but I don't really know how complex something like this would be to implement.

-Suleiman Souhlal