Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2006 15:48:57 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@mangohealth.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, lars@gmx.at
Subject:   Re: linux-firefox

--nextPart3819448.WnH3Vjokzy

On Saturday 01 April 2006 15:15, Lars Cleary wrote:
> Beech Rintoul wrote:
> >>
> >> You sure?
> >> ps ax|grep firefox
> >> killall firefox-bin
> >> killall linux-firefox
> >> killall linux-firefox-bin

> >> Rebooting shouldn't be necessary.

> > stargate# ps waux | grep firefox-bin
> > stargate# ps waux | grep linux-firefox
> > stargate# ps waux | grep firefox
> >

> > stargate# killall firefox-bin
> > No matching processes were found
> > stargate# killall linux-firefox
> > No matching processes were found
> > stargate# killall linux-firefox-bin
> > No matching processes were found
> > stargate# killall firefox
> > No matching processes were found
> >
> > #firefox &
> >
> > Same error. I even deleted the .mozilla directory.
> >
> > Beech
>
> You have a lock file somewhere that needs to be deleted.
>
> It's either in /var/run or in your homedir, I can't remember
> where I found it when I had the same problem, sorry.

I deinstalled both versions of firefox and deleted any reference to mozilla=
 or=20
firefox. I carefully went through /var/run and /root. I rebooted and=20
reinstalled linux-firefox. Still get the error. This is getting old.

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@mangohealth.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Mangohealth
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - XanGo - http://www.mangohealth.org