Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 10:37:41 -0400
From:      "Hurley, Michael" <MH125685@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cylinder 1024 Limit vs LBA Disk Drive mapping

Greetings,

I have a modern system with both IDE drives mapped using LBA, so the BIOS
has no problem short of about 120GB.
I will be using either GRUB or V-Communications' "System Commander" as a
Boot loader.
Does the < Cylinder 1024 Boot Partition limitation apply?  Since the second
drive is used now for expansion space & swap partitions, I can, if necessary
rearrange things there and install FreeBSD in the first partition there.
I'd prefer to install FreeBSD above 12GB  on the first drive.