Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 22:31:14 +0000
From:      Justin Ashworth <ashworth@spacehog.structured.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Motif?

Is there any way to make use of ports that require Motif without
actually going out and buying the package from DEC? Will Motif even run
on FreeBSD? Nedit and GIMP both require Motif, and those would be handy
ports to have. Is there a workaround for this? I recall having installed
Nedit on a non-Motif'd FreeBSD box in the past and it ran without any
problems. The port didn't require Motif back then. I've tried commenting
out the line that says Motif is required, but it still pukes. I've tried
installing lesstif to see if that could work as a replacement but it
doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

--
- Justin Ashworth, Intern           |  Why didn't Kasparov just
-- Structured Network Systems, Inc. |  unplug Deep Blue? That'd