Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:31:04 -0700
From:      ray@redshift.com
To:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Slower MySQL inserts for AMD64/Opteron?

Hi David,

  Sorry, I forgot to mention my benchmarks were done using InnoDB tables and I
configured MySQL on both machines to use InnoDB.

  BTW, I did not compile in Linux threads on either machine and I don't believe
they are there by default.

  I can send my little benchmark program to anyone that would like to test it on
their config.  It just has 1 table and a couple of PHP scripts that do inserts,
updates, etc.  I did compile in APC on my machines, but I don't think that's the
bottle neck here, so I doubt if it would impact the results either way.

  Thanks!

Ray