Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 19:39:09 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        plm@xs4all.nl (Peter Mutsaers)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6: does it work well with FreeBSD

Peter Mutsaers stands accused of saying:
> The AMD K6 is supposedly as fast as or faster as the Intel Pentium MMX
> CPU's. (Both for integer and for FPU?). So I'm thinking of buying
> one. Does anyone have positive experience with it and FreeBSD?

On the contrary, at the moment there are lots of negative experiences
with it going around.  I would avoid the K6 in the short term, as
current parts appear to have either a thermal problem or a basic bug.

Check the -hackers mailing list archive for more details on this.