Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:57:54 +0300
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Yehonatan Yossef <yoniy@mellanox.co.il>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Capturing dmesg upon system crash on 6.3

Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 03:41:03PM +0200, Yehonatan Yossef wrote:
> I'm looking into the syslogd capabilities at the moment, it might be
> enough.

Syslog can die too early to spot everything.  But your mileage may vary.

> I've tried following the serial console setup you've pointed, but when I
> added the 'console="comconsole"' to loader.conf the OS hanged during
> boot time, had to re-install the system.

You mean that nothing were seen on the other end of the serial cable?
I had not used serial console in FreeBSD for a while, so maybe others
can tell if the Handbook is still correct?

And if the only change that was made to make the OS hang was the
change in the loader.conf, then you could just use LiveFS CD and
edit loader.conf at your system -- there is no point in wasting
time reinstalling the whole system.
--
Eygene