Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:12:22 -0400
From:      Greg Berenfield <gberenfield@berenfield.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Redhat Linux 6.2 -> FreeBSD 4.1.1

Greetings,

Hoping someone can assist me with converting from rh linux 6.2 to FreeBSD
4.1.1 REL.

I'm new to FreeBSD and have only setup a 'new' desktop with it (ok it had
windows but that doesn't count :). Finally figurered out CVS and have it
following the 4.1.1 REL path. (was originally a 4.1 REL box)

Since rh 7 has motivated me so well to switch to FreeBSD, I wish to now
convert my existing rh 6.2 boxes to it.
My main concern is losing code on these boxes - is there any sort of
conversion path for ext2 filesystems to FreeBSD's? Or should I simply tar up
the stuff I wish to have around under FreeBSD and store them safely during
the conversion?

All comments appreciated.
Regards,
Greg B.