Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:26:30 +0100
From:      dbhague@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Stressed SCSI subsystem locks up the system

We have a system using FreeBSD 3.0 which we have been using without problems for
many months.

We have attached a SCSI RAID system, via an AHA3940 and during a stress test the
system hangs.

The stress test is seven processes running which create a large number of small
files than deletes them all.

The symptom is that the system locks up, no output on console and nothing
logged.

We have tried this on several different hardware platforms and got the same
result.  We have tried it on WindowsNT and the test appears to run okay.

We have tried it on FreeBSD 4.0, and 4.1 and get the same the bug.  Linux also
has a problem when we run our test.

Help !

I have mailed freebsd-bugs but have not received any replies.  This is a
commercial product and we have found this bug late in the development cycle
hence we are desperate to get it fixed. We are prepared to offer a reward/pay
for consultation for solving this issue.

Regards Dave