Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:31:54 +0100
From:      "Andy Rozman (Aleksander)" <andy@triera.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java for 5.3 please

Thomas Duffey <tduffey@homeboyz.org> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Mohney wrote:
>
> >I do not have linux emulation nor am I skilled enough to emulate
> >linux, install linux jvm/jdk, build natively, and then remove linux
> >emulation from my OS.
> >

> What happens when you do this?
>
> # cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14
> # make
> ...follow instructions...
> # make install
>
> That's all I did on my latest 5.3 machine and although it took a while
> and required downloading some files by hand, everything worked fine in
> the end.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Tom Duffey

Hi !

Jeff tried to get "official release" which is still 1.3. You must build your
own version, like Tom told you. Problem is that each jdk must be certified
with Sun, and until JDK is in such working order that Sun will certify it, you
must build your own. When JDK is certified we can release it as binaries (like
in all other systems)...

So good luck, if yous till have problems contact me offlist, and we will see
how we can help you...

Andy