Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:34:06 +0400
From:      "Rino Mardo" <helixfish@gmx.net>
To:        "Tim McMillen" <timcm@umich.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with printcap file

It would be wise to have the printer on static ip.  Why?  Because either you
**always** enter the printer's ipaddress in the /etc/hosts file (if you want
to use the name like NPI77C117) or /etc/printcap (by ip address).

So, is NPI77C117 in your hosts file?  What is the queue that your printer is
using?  You need that too.

-> who watches the watchmen?

Key fingerprint - E619 726E 3815 7A48 EAC7  E49F DF93 4E33 B069 0883