Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 02:34:36 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org>
To:        Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux networking emulation broken?

I have similar problem after upgrading to a up-to-date -CURRENT.

> uname -a
FreeBSD cartier.home 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Feb  6 23:56:44 CST 2003     root@cartier.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERI  i386

My kernel config is simply a SMP-enabled GENERIC.

I keep seeing something below in the truss(1) output.
linux_socketcall(0x2,0xbfbfe3dc)                 ERR#13 'Permission denied'
read(0x7,0xbfbfcf1c,0x20)                        ERR#35 'Resource temporarily unavailable'

My linux application also keeps reporting something below to me.
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
and
unable to resolve host name ...

No matter being root or not, the results are the same.