Date:      Sat, 11 May 96 23:44:46 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@i-2000.com>
Subject:   Where to help with the documentation

After a long time of not dedicating much time to learning freebsd I
have
started to dedicate more time/effort in learning it. What I have found
is
that there is much to be done to make freebsd easier to use and just
as much to have good documentation.

I have two more weeks reamaining in this semester at school, but after
that
I want to help with the documentation.

I bought myself the "Unix companion" and am reading a little bit every
day
to get myself up to speed.

What I would prefer best to work on is documents that need revising so
I could
try the explanations and improve/correct them. An example of this are
the
manual sections in PPP. It has taken me a long time (much longer than I

have enjoyed) to get my FreeBSD to connect to the internet and even
then
I have to use the "term" (don't recall if that is the right word) mode
to dial.

I have also noticed that many of the the man pages are not very good or
unclear. I could work on those too.

Needless to say I am not all that familiar with Unix, but I am starting
to get
the basics rather well.

Later on I am algo going to try the xform gui building tool I just saw
announced
in FreeBSD.announce. Who knows some day I may even be able to
contribute to the
cause with some coding. :)