Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:07:08 -0500
From:      Jack Harris <me@jharris.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail hangs when Cisco Router pemits only ports, 20,21,25,53,80,110,113

My FreeBSD 2.2.5 RELEASE will not get past the sendmail daemon when
booting.
Everything boots fine when i dont have cisco access lists in place
allowing only ports 20, 21, 25, 53, 80, 110 and 113.

A real weird thing is, the system can be up and then I put in the
Cisco Access-Lists and the network works as expected.
If I restart the FBSD machine it will hang everytime on starting the
sendmail daemon and will only pass through that part when I remove the
access list from the router.

What happens on boot when Sendmail gets started?
What port(s) is it using?

Is this a sendmail thing, DNS, or other config???
resolv.conf has
nameserver	127.0.0.1
nameserver	ip of machine in it.

Regards,