Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 14:52:38 -0700
From:      "Eric Rosenberry" <eric@rosenberry.org>
To:        <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linksys Wireless Cards (WPC11)

No, I want to use the Linksys wireless PCMCIA CARD with FreeBSD not just the
base station.

-Eric

"Eric Rosenberry" <eric@rosenberry.org> wrote:

> Anyway, on to my question:  Do these cards work in freebsd?  The box says
> they use the Intersil HFA3841/HFA3842 chip sets.  A quick search of the
> freebsd docs and mailing lists turned up no hits on linksys wireless
cards.
> I don't suppose I am lucky enough for them to use the same drivers as the
> aironet cards or the lucent ones?

     You didn't do the search correctly.  You should have gotten TONS of
hits from linksys alone, not to mention "wireless".  Next time, try
harder.

     That said, you want this archived message:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=164039+167666+/usr/local/www/db/
text/2001/freebsd-mobile/20010520.freebsd-mobile

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com

-Eric