Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:19:21 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        service@fixer.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't find "libc.so.6"

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

1 10:24:01 UTC 2005 root@/;/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VIL    i386
----------------------------
>=20
> I have FreeBSD-5.4 installed on a Pentium 4 computer.  I am trying to ins=
tall wput-.0.5 (the package).  It requires libgnugotop-1.2.   I installed l=
ibgnugotop and wput.   This may not be required, but some programs do not w=
ork unless you shutdown and restart the computer.
>=20
> Every time I try to run wput, I get a message that says "shared object   =
-- /libexec/ld-elf.so.1      libc.so.6  not found".  I find some of these l=
ibc programs on Google.com.  Right now, after trying to find libc.so.6, I t=
hink I'm "googled out".
>=20
> I need to know where I can find "libc.so.6".  Hopefully, someone can help.

You tried to install a package intended for FreeBSD 6.0.  This
probably means that you downloaded it from the wrong directory.

Kris

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V--