Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 11:46:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kgdb

I am trying to debug the kernel using gdb -k but when I do what is in the
handbook, this is what i get:

culverk:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL# gdb2 -k kernel.debug
/usr/tmp/crash/vmcore.0
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
IdlePTD 232000

kernel symbol `kstack' not found.
(kgdb) where
No stack.
(kgdb)

How do I get rid of the error about kstack above?? Thanks.

Kenneth Culver