Date:      	Mon, 9 Sep 1996 11:04:12 -0400
From:      edward.ing@utoronto.ca
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stty, printcap, ixon, Postscript printer

I have determined that I need to use software flow control
to get my Postcript printer to work properly. Thus I wish to
set the ixon flag terminal setting for port.

1. There are printer capability flags in printcap which can be set
for the l-flags and the c-flags. What I wish to know is
whether there is a capability to set the i-flags in printcap file.

2. Not knowing how to set the ixon flag in the printcap, I tried to set
it using the stty command. I enter the following "stty -f /dev/cuaa0 ixon".
However when I tried to list the settings( stty -f /dev/cuaa0) it did not
indicate any change. Indeed stty did not seem to set any flags on any ports.
I checked to see if there were processes which were hogging the ports,
however I could not identify any.
What I am doing wrong? Secondly, where is the best place to intialize
the port on startup?

If anyone can answer these questions, please contact me.

Edward Ing (edward.ing@utoronto.ca)